Thursday, April 26, 2012




Describe yourself in 140 characters or less.

I never liked this question but okay, I'll give it my best shot: Artistic, creative, kind, nurturer, over analyzer, persistent, worrisome, hopeful, goofy, sometimes melancholy, sometimes sanguine, imaginative, grateful—phew!

Can you tell us a little about your book, The Magic Warble?

Because I have a synopsis on my website, www.themagicwarble.com which I think is the best way to describe it with out giving to much away, how about I give you the underlying message: Even if you don't fit in, you feel lonely or maybe you've been harassed or bullied, there is always someone out there that will be your friend, and it could be someone you least expected. You may not see yourself as special, but again, there is someone out there who does. Entwined throughout the pgs of The Magic Warble, is a message of hope, perseverance, love, and faith.

How did you come up with the concept and the characters for the story?

My characters are a mixture of personalities I have encountered in my life. I think I draw a lot from people that have crossed my path throughout my life. But I create a character from different character traits of more than 1 person.

What was the most challenging aspect of writing the book?

I would say that editing is my biggest challenge. I get so caught up in editing and it ends up taking so much time. And even though I have an editor I still tend to over edit.

What was your greatest creative influences?

I remember I was sitting in the movie theater watching the first Harry Potter movie, when I envisioned my main character Kristina walking down a snowy sidewalk. At the time that’s all the story I had. Somehow inspired, I went home that night and wrote my first page of my story, not knowing where it would go.

What three things do you need in order to write?

My computer is the most important. The next 2 things are more luxuries, but I love having them … A mug full of good coffee and sometimes candy. I have a sweet tooth.

If you had to pick one book that turned you on to reading, which would it be?

I'll have to say one of my biggest inspiration is C.S Lewis's Chronicles of Narnia, especially The Magician's Nephew and The Lion The Witch and The Wardrobe.

What do you like to do when you aren't writing?

Read, work out at the YMCA, watch movies, hike, and watch my kids' Celtic/indie band play at gigs.

Check out Victoria's personal blog @ victoriasimcox.blogspot.com  

No comments:

Post a Comment