Saturday, November 26, 2011

Áine P Massie Guest Post


Hello! First I wish to thank Emma for the invitation to do a Guest Post here on The Writer’s Voice. My name is Áine P Massie and I am the author of the House Millar series – Blood’s Voice and Blood Bound.

One question I get over and over is why paranormal and ‘seriously, why a broken vamp?’  I always find these questions and the theme to be a bit odd.  Why does anyone write in a specific genre, or even read a certain type of book? 

For me, reading and writing are both passions and the thought of writing – or reading for that matter – something that I don’t enjoy seems pointless and well, painful.  Reading what I want only is one of the great perks of graduation. :D  I love reading!  It’s just that simple for me.  If I don’t have at least a little time each day to just read I think I’d go mad, seriously.  It’s my escape, my adventure, my little slice of mmm . . .  Lately I seem to have even more than one book going at a time – often both print and eBook – and wish I had more time to read.  Children, writing, and life tend to interfere, lol.

As to why a “broken” vamp?  Well . . . a vampire that was just your normal, run of the mill, boring ole bloodsucker just didn’t sound like anything fun to play or write about.  Anya, the ‘voice’ of Blood’s Voice, has little to no memory of the first over 200 years of her life.  She started off as a character outline for a RPG I was playing and it sounded like fun to go completely off centre for a bit with this one.  I mean, if it’s all fantasy and fiction to a point, why not have a little fun and write for yourself, not just what others say will work?

I’ve read so many paranormal books – most of which I adored! – and have always loved the variation of themes even within a set type or style.  A were cat instead of wolf.  A sexy male witch (and no, the word is not warlock) who fights demons and seduces normals.  Paranormal stories where the ‘freak’ character doesn’t even believe in the paranormal world that the character is a part of.  There are so many out there that I usually answer “Why not a mostly moral, slightly mad, vampire?”

I invite you to take a chance on a different point of view about vampirism and the world by checking out the House Millar series and seeing for yourself and vamps can still be passionate, tormented, fanged creatures and still have fun, even in the light of day (though they have to be more careful of course ;) )

Author Bio:

Áine P Massie is originally from Florida, she now lives in Wisconsin where she works on her House Millar series full time while raising four children (the term herding cats comes to mind). Her major in College was Childhood Education (0-5) with a minor study in Deaf Culture/ASL. She is also a Wiccan priestess dedicated to the gods, family, and love.

A life-long reader, Áine has always had a particular fascination with vampires, mythology, and the unusual. When she can escape from her children and books, she enjoys … oh yes, reading, playing, ritual, a good cappuccino, and working with her healing stones.

Her first published work came in high school where she was part of a writing and drama group. But, she’s been reading the likes of Shakespeare and Poe since late elementary school and enjoys most forms of fiction. Blood’s Voice has been a long time in coming and with its publication (June 2011) Áine embarked on a new chapter in her life.

Áine P Massie is currently working on her third novel, Glamour Blade.

2 comments:

  1. Woohoo! Thank you Áine for joining us here on The Writers Voice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Always a pleasure Emma. I just love TWV!

    ReplyDelete