Saturday, June 15, 2013

Interview with Anna Silver Part 1

 
Who do you feel is your most unique character?
I loved writing about Si’dah. Her voice was in such high contrast to London’s tough act and the harsh reality of London’s world. It was a welcome respite. And she’s more mature than anyone I’ve written before.
 
If you could have any extraordinary gift or super power what would it be and why?
I would probably be a witch of some kind. Preferably one who lives in a dark, secluded forest and has psychic oracular powers. The “Witch of the Wood” archetype has been a powerful and influential one for me since I was a very little girl.
 
Was there ever a moment when you wouldn’t trade what you do as an author for the world? What was that moment for you?
Every time I write. Every time I get deeply into my current WIP and pound out a great chapter. I love that feeling so much, you couldn’t pay me enough to walk away in those moments.

What’s your favorite way to procrastinate?
Reading! This is a biggie because my excuse is that I have to be reading to keep writing. And it’s true, so I fall for my own bull all the time. Reading inspires me and that revs me up to write, but sometimes I take it a little too far. ;o)
 
Where do you do your best writing? Do you like to have certain surroundings?
At home. Dead silent. I cannot write if there is any noise at all. Since I have a family, that means my work hours get limited to between 8:00 and 2:00. Once the kids and hubbie are home, it’s impossible.
 
If you could live in one book for a day, what would it be?
Any LOTR title. I just really, really need to see Middle Earth once before I die.

Find out more about Anna and Otherborn!

 
To see the second part of
this interview stop by

No comments:

Post a Comment