Saturday, February 18, 2012

Interview with Kendare Blake

Welcome, guest author, Kendare Blake!

What makes you feel like you’re reading or have read a truly amazing book?

The inability to put it down, combined with a real sense of empathy for the characters. If I’m invested in them, it’s a winner. I love it when a book totally messes up my schedule, or ruins my plans. For example, right now, A Storm of Swords by George RR Martin is destroying my life. Damn you, Martin! Damn you!

How did you find your cover? If you didn't find it, do you like it?

How did I find it? Like, do I like it? Because I love it. I love the grays and the detail, and the way the gloss red sets itself off from the matte. Nekro is one crazy amazing artist. Seth Lerner is one crazy talented art director. Mel Frain is one crazy creative editor. The cover concept was her idea.

When you are reading which do you prefer: paperback, hardcover or e-book:

Either paperback or hardback is fine. Hardback is harder for me to damage when I’m toting them around in my bag, which is always good, but then again, paperbacks are lighter on my shoulder. I’m learning to embrace the e-book as well, but so far the only book I’ve read as an e-book is Sara Gruen’s Water for Elephants. Which was great.

Current favorite band:

For whatever reason, I’m into The Black Keys right now. And Metric gets into my head quite frequently. Fleet Foxes are endlessly easy to listen to. I’m always waiting for Fiona Apple to do another album. And to tour. Seriously woman, tour!!

Best movie you have ever seen:

Oh, that’s hard. There are so many movies to love. Recently, for acting, I adored Rabbit Hole, with Nicole Kidman and Aaron Eckhart. For action, I was pleasantly surprised by Thor, and X-Men first Class, but let’s be honest, that’s owed entirely to James McAvoy and the film making Six Degrees of Kevin Bacon just that much easier. Oh, and one last movie I never mention but should: MUPPET TREASURE ISLAND.

In the world currently so many people have self esteem issues. Name one thing you like about yourself!

This might sound odd, but I love the fact that my brain stores random movie trivia automatically, like breathing. I don’t study it, and honestly, I don’t watch a huge number of movies. But if I see a title, or read a description, it’s in the vault for life.

 Thank you for joining us Kendare and if there is ever an author movie trivia night I am on your team! To all our readers, thank you for joining us and happy reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment