Saturday, May 26, 2012

Interview with Inara Scott

 


Hey all you readers and writers! Emma Michaels here to introduce our guest author of the day:
Inara Scott
Hello Inara and welcome to The Writers Voice!

Who reads your manuscripts before you submit them?

My husband reads everything I write. He used to be a middle school teacher, and is now a principal, so he really connects well with kids' brains, and is amazing at giving me feedback. I have a critique partner, who writes adult romance, and she is my sounding board for plotting and always one of the first to see my work. After it gets through these people, it goes to my agent.

Do you have a day job? Do you hope that writing will be your full time career in the future?

Right now, writing is my full time job!

What are you working on now?

Revising a new YA, which is a paranormal thriller. I'm also thing about the third book in my Delcroix series. I will probably be writing that next!


What’s your favorite way to procrastinate?

Twitter. Ice cream. Butterscotch chips. Biting my fingernails. (I have lots!)

Where do you do your best writing? Do you like to have certain surroundings?

I write best early in the morning when there's no distractions. A cup of coffee (lots of cream and sugar) enhances my mood. :) Sometimes I turn off my wifi to force myself off the Internet. This definitely helps my focus.

If you could live in one book for a day, what would it be?

Dragonflight, by Anne McCaffrey. I desperately wish I could imprint a dragon.

To all our readers out there, thank you for following The Writers Voice and happy reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment