Saturday, January 21, 2012

Guest Author Myra McEntire


Are there any other art forms that inspire you when you are writing? Do you listen to music, look at art pieces for ideas or watch dance and gymnastics? 

Definitely. I adore So You Think You Can Dance, and Em and Michael’s relationship is partially based on a dance that Cameron and Lacey did to Elisa’s “Dancing” … I also love music, all kinds, and I am a huge fan of teen tv shows.

What is your biggest and hardest to ignore distraction? How do you cope with it? 

The Twitter. And I don’t, unless I’m on a hard deadline. Then I block it on my computer!

Is there one piece of advice you wish someone would have given you before you started writing? 

Don’t rush it. It’s worth it to take the time to tell the best story you can.

Do you write in or out of sequence? What part of your novel comes first? What comes last? 

I tried writing out of sequence once. I WILL NEVER DO THAT AGAIN.

How do you choose your main character? What about perspective? Do you tend to write in third or choose the character telling the story based off of part of your plot? 

My characters do tend to choose me. And I’m working on a new project that I was positive was third person, but it didn’t come out that way.

When you are reading, what make a character compelling to you? Is it the same aspects that make a character you are writing compelling? 

Voice, in both cases. If I don’t feel the voice, I stop reading and writing.

Thank you so much Myra for joining us here on The Writers Voice!

No comments:

Post a Comment