Saturday, December 3, 2011

Interview with Mary Lindsey

Hello Mary and welcome to The Writers Voice!!!
Who reads your manuscripts before you submit them?

When I began writing, I had lots of critique partners. I was careful to pick people who were better writers than I was, and were not shy tell me if my stuff was awful. Sadly, I’m on such tight time schedules now, I can’t reciprocate for as many critique partners, so I’ve limited it to a few awesome folks who are kind enough to tell me when I’m terrible.

Do you have a day job? Do you hope that writing will be your full time career in the future?

I am a full time writer! I love it.

What are you working on now?

I am working on my next book for Penguin. It is a modern YA Gothic based on Edgar Allan Poe’s last poem, “Annabel Lee.” It is tentatively scheduled for release Summer 2013.

What’s your favorite way to procrastinate?

Surfing the web. It’s like a drug.

Where do you do your best writing? Do you like to have certain surroundings?

Ah. Show and tell time. I do my best writing at my river house.


I also like to write in my breakfast room:

My office:

I like hanging out in my office because of my view:

And I do most of my revisions in my “cave.”
You can watch a silly video taken of me giving a tour of my river house here:

If you could live in one book for a day, what book would it be?

The first Harry Potter book, even if I could only be an observer and not a participant. The world is amazing.

Thank you so much for inviting me as a guest on The Writers Voice today! 

and thank you for joining us Mary! It was a pleasure having you!!!

I just have to share the blurb for Mary's book. It sounds fantastic!

A thrilling debut story of death, love, destiny and danger

Lenzi hears voices and has visions - gravestones, floods, a boy with steel gray eyes. Her boyfriend, Zak, can't help, and everything keeps getting louder and more intense. Then Lenzi meets Alden, the boy from her dreams, who reveals that she's a reincarnated Speaker - someone who can talk to and help lost souls - and that he has been her Protector for centuries.

Now Lenzi must choose between her life with Zak and the life she is destined to lead with Alden. But time is running out: a malevolent spirit is out to destroy Lenzi, and he will kill her if she doesn't make a decision soon.


1 comment:

  1. I've heard so much about this book! Annabel Lee is my favorite Poe poem, so I definitely have to check that out in 2013! (:

    ReplyDelete