Friday, June 14, 2013

Interview with Nicole Zoltack!


Welcome Nicole Zoltack!
Are the traits of anyone close to you apparent in your characters?

Most male characters, at least the heroes, tend to have at least one trait of my husband in them. What can I say? I'm a romantic and he's my first kiss and only love. As for the heroines, some of me in the, some have my sisters, and other strong females in my life. I definitely draw from others for inspiration.

If you could have any extraordinary gift or super power what would it be and why?

I would love to have super speed. Then I could get the housework out of the way and be able to run errands and still have time for my family and writing and reading!

What do you feel is your biggest writerly fault and how do you deal with it?

I tend to write first drafts fairly quickly but then take forever on revisions and editing. I'm trying to focus more on one story from beginning to polished end before working on another.

What is your biggest pet peeve in fiction writing?

Characters that do something uncharacteristic. Have your characters be consistent and grow throughout the story Characters are huge for me. If I don't like the MC, chances are, I'm not going to like the story.

What’s your favorite way to procrastinate?

Definitely Facebook. I'm on there all the time! And checking emails. I constantly check my emails.

Where do you do your best writing? Do you like to have certain surroundings?

I do my best writing at Barnes and Noble. A few times a month, hubby will watch the boys so that after church, I can go there and type for a few hours. I usually write about 1.5K an hour when there. It's great! When at home, my pace is usually 1K an hour. Those are the only two places I write.

If you could live in one book for a day, what would it be?

Harry Potter-but only if I'm a witch!

Besides writing, what do you like to do in your free time?

Spend time with my family - my wonderful husband and three energetic young boys. Watch TV and movies. Read, of course! Go horseback riding. I love going to Renaissance Faires.

Which came first for you--the characters, the idea for the setting, or the plot?

Sometimes a character demands to have their story told. Sometimes 'what if' scenarios will spark a plot. It depends on the story.

When you were growing up, what did you want to be?

A writer. An actress. A model. A singer. A paleontologist. President. It seemed like every day I wanted to be something else, but I always came back to wanting to be a writer!

Holiday Magick
 
Stop by Nicole's website to
find out more about her other
amazing novels!
or connect on her Blog or Facebook!
 
Thank you for stopping by
The Writers Voice!

4 comments:

  1. Great interview and fun questions! As far as the last question--hey, Nicole gets to be all those things when she's a writer, living through her characters. :) Interesting that you can write at Barnes and Noble. Maybe having all those books around you is inspiring.

    What a COOL header and background on this blog! I love the curve and the tabs on the curve.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very true, Carol, and thanks for dropping by! I love writing in B&N. I do like to think that one day, my books will be on their shelves. One day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What fun questions! It looks like a great book. Do you ever go to the PA Ren Faire?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the PA Ren Faire! Hubby and I have been several times. :)

      Delete