Saturday, November 10, 2012

J. Bridger Interview


 Give a warm welcome to J. Bridger who will be having her first official post as a The Writers Voice team mate tomorrow! But first, here are a few fun tidbits about her and her novels!

What would you like for readers to take away from your novel/novels? 
I’d like for them to take away a different perspective (no pun intended). I strive to be quirky and different but to also have an edge of pathos in my works. I hope my readers get an appreciation for that. 

What part of your first novel did you find hardest to write? 
The beginning. It’s my first original novel, and I had to work so hard to shut off my inner critic. I think once I got into trusting myself and the work, it got easier, but it was a tough stretch to start. 

Was there ever a moment when you wouldn’t trade what you do as an author for the world? What was that moment for you? 
My first review on Amazon was amazing. I loved knowing that someone out there that I’d never met had been touched by my words. I wouldn’t trade that for anything, even on days with bad reviews! 

What makes you feel like you’re reading or have read a truly amazing book? 
Those stick with you. I know I’ve read an amazing book when a week or a month later, I’m still agonizing over the characters and their struggles as if they were flesh and blood friends. 

Is there one book that has had an impact on not only your writing, but on you personally? 
I really loved The Poisonwood Bible by Barbara Kingsolver. It taught me at a young age that politicians, even if they’re supposed to protect us, are often making back room deals that we should be worried about. 

Tell us something most people don’t know about you! 
I’m extremely flexible and can do splits, which helped me a ton as a field hockey goalie. 

Thank you for stopping by and we look forward to finding out more about you tomorrow! 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment