Friday, December 16, 2011

Interview with Julia Karr


Hello Julia Karr! Welcome to The Writers Voice! 
Tell us something about your book that we wouldn’t know just by reading the blurb.

It's not ALL about sex! : D

What’s your favorite non-essential item on your desk?

My Edward Gorey Mystery! mug that holds my pens.

What was the most challenging aspect of writing a novel?

Getting the first draft done. It's easy to start on a novel, but to get through the middle to the end you envision - that's the challenge!

What's a typical day like for you?

I have a full-time job outside of writing, so, I get up - feed my cats & dog, write a little, and then go to work. When I get home, I write some more, feed my cats & dog (and myself) and then write or read before going to bed.

Besides writing, what do you like to do in your free time?

I love to travel. Often I take short day trips to places I like, or go somewhere brand new!

What was one of the most surprising things you learned when creating your book?

I think what surprised me the most was that my characters had minds of their own and often took the story in directions I hadn't anticipated. It was fun! And, kind of a roller coaster ride at times.

Thank you for joining us today on The Writers Voice!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment