Friday, September 28, 2012

Interview with Kiera Cass

Please give a warm welcome to our guest author of the day
Kiera Cass!

What would you like for readers to take away from your novel/novels?

The thing I hope readers get the most from my writing is an opportunity to escape. I mostly write to get away from things myself, so I hope my books offer something similar to others. I'm particularly excited about the world in The Selection and can't wait for people to see it! Seriously. Cute boys and gorgeous dresses. Makes me SO happy.

Do you feel that aspiring writers should start out by writing what they know?

More important than writing what you know is writing what you like! Trust me when I tell you that if you make it to professional author status, you will have to read your book approximately a gazillion times. You'd better like it a lot because it's your new BFF. make sure you're totally in love with your story before you move forward with it.

How do the novels you write differ from the novels you enjoy reading?

I think the novels I write and the ones I read are actually very similar. I'm all about characters, so if I fall in love with someone's characters, I will follow the story through pretty much anything. I write with the hope that my readers will do the same for mine.

If you could choose any part of the world to live in for just one year, where would you go and why?

Actually, I think I'd like to live in New York for a year. Just to prove I could do it. I live in a small town, and things are pretty slow around here. I get a bit overwhelmed in the city, but I'd really like to try.

What are your biggest concerns about people around the world currently?

I'm not sure if this is exactly what you mean, but I'm very concerned about human trafficking. It's estimated that between 700,000 to 2 million people are forced into slavery and prostitution each year. There are many organizations out there that both raise awareness for this issue and help combat it. Please look up She is Safe, Safe Horizon, or the Polaris Project for more information on how to get involved.

Thank you Kiera for stopping by 
The Writers Voice!

1 comment:

  1. Great interview. I'm really look long forward to The Elite. Thanks for sharing it.

    ReplyDelete