Friday, February 17, 2012

Interview with Lee Nichols

Please give a warm welcome to Lee Nichols, author of the hauntingly good read Deception.

What would you like for readers to take away from your novel/novels?

Fun, a sense of escapism.

Do you feel that aspiring writers should start out by writing what they know?

I think the only thing a writer really needs to know is the genre they're writing in. One shouldn't write a paranormal YA novel when all they've read is Twilight. But you don't have to be a detective to write a mystery or an elf to write a fantasy or even a teacher to write children's books. You just need the ability to create a believable world that will engage readers.

How do the novels you write differ from the novels you enjoy reading?

I read everything, women's fiction, fantasy, sci-fi, mysteries and probably my favorite recent reads have been literary. I am in no way literary.

If you could choose any part of the world to live in for just one year, where would you go and why?

So tough to choose, so many places I still want to see. I've never been to Italy, so I'd love that. But Japan would be really cool. And I'd be really happy living in NYC for a year--not forever, but a year would be awesome.

What are your biggest concerns about people around the world currently?

Oh, what isn't a concern? I worry about everything! Because the U.S. is directly involved, I think what's bothering me most are the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan.

 Thank you for joining us Lee! To all your readers out there I hope you enjoyed the interview and thank you for joining us here on The Writers Voice!

No comments:

Post a Comment