Sunday, April 22, 2012

Going Under by Georgia Cates


Hello everyone, first I need to apologize that this post is just now coming up. I did this post the other day and saved it and had it set to come up today and when I went to open it, it was blank so I am panicking. We are hearing today from Georgia Cates and her newest release Going Under. She is going to tell us a little bit about why she decided to change genre's for a while. 

Georgia Cates




Changes in my Style of Writing

People will see an entirely different writing style in Going Under than what they saw in my first book, Blood of Anteros. I’ve only published two books, so this is still relatively new to me and I want to explore the different avenues to find what it the best fit for me and my imagination.

In Blood of Anteros, Book One of The Vampire Agápe Series, I was able to explore the paranormal side of my imagination. I loved how the paranormal element gave me the ability to imagine anything and make it happen. Simply put-it was fun.

In Going Under, I was able to explore writing geared more in the teen direction. Where Blood of Anteros has little humor, Going Under is infused with it-especially from Claire’s best friend, Payton. (Gosh, I love that girl.)

I have learned some things about my abilities as a writer while on this journey. I wish I could please everyone, but I can’t. I’ve learned to take criticism. It’s a hard pill to swallow sometimes, but better in pill form than a suppository. (I’m laughing out loud as I type that.) I’m not limited to one basic style of writing. I am an incredibly dynamic person and so is my writing. What does that mean? Expect the unexpected.

I never intended for Going Under to be a series, but readers have asked for Payton’s story. This tells me I did something right, so I’m considering it. I placed a poll on my blog to help measure the demand for it. If you’ve read Going Under and want to hear Payton’s story, I ask you to go my blog at georgiacates.com and take a vote.


Synopsis Going Under

Jessie Boone is a self proclaimed bad boy and doesn’t march to the beat of anyone’s drum, but his own. Growing up in less than desirable circumstances has made him no stranger to the hard knock life and his determination to leave it behind is fierce. When he finds himself transferred to East Franklin High School, he sees his opportunity to use his athletic ability to snag a college football scholarship, but Forbes Henderson, the player Jessie means to replace isn’t giving up his spot willingly. In fact, Forbes is willing to go to extreme measures to retain his place as first string quarterback. When Forbes’ malicious plan to injure his replacement fails, Jessie is furious and determined to show him he messed with the wrong person; not only is he going to take the position of first string quarterback, he’s going to take his girl, too.

Claire Deveraux is perfection at it’s best. She is beautiful, intelligent and unaware she just became Jessie Boone’s conquest as revenge against her boyfriend, Forbes Henderson. Like her flawless performance as the perfect daughter and student, Claire’s production of being the perfect girlfriend has everyone fooled, except Jessie Boone, and she fears this tattooed bad boy will see her secret desire to explore his crude threats and promises to rock her perfect world. If she decides to give in to one uninhibited moment with Jessie, will she learn too late that it was all an act of vengeance or will Jessie learn the taste of first love is sweeter than that of revenge? 





Georgia Cates Links:

No comments:

Post a Comment