Friday, February 3, 2012

Guest Author Mindi Scott

Give a warm welcome to 
guest author Mindi Scott!

Who reads your manuscripts before you submit them?

My husband reads every scene after I write it; sometimes while I’m writing it, if I’m feeling especially needy. I’ve also worked with a number of critique partners.

Do you have a day job? Do you hope that writing will be your full time career in the future?

I work part-time, but I would love to be able to live off my writing. Maybe someday I will. :-)

What are you working on now?

I just turned in edits for LIVE THROUGH THIS (Simon Pulse 2012). I have another round to go, with copyedits to follow.

What’s your favorite way to procrastinate?

Lately, I’ve been playing Tetris Battle. It’s helpful for clearing my mind, and I’ve actually worked out a number of elusive book scenes while dropping and arranging those shapes.

Where do you do your best writing? Do you like to have certain surroundings?

I’m finding that I can’t accomplish much unless I’m at my desk at home. 

If you could live in one book for a day, what would it be?

NO ONE HERE GETS OUT ALIVE, a Jim Morrison biography. That way, I’d have a chance to see the Doors live!

Thank you for joining us Mindi and to everyone reading!

1 comment:

  1. I have a love-hate relationship with Tetris. I love playing it, but hate how much time I accidently waste playing it!

    Good luck with the edits, Mindi!


    Smiles!
    Lori

    ReplyDelete