Saturday, July 14, 2012

Interview with Morrigan Michele

 
Hey all you readers and writers! Emma Michaels here to introduce our guest author of the day:
Morrigan Michele
Hello Morrigan and welcome to The Writers Voice!

Have you ever gotten an idea for a book or part of one of your novels from something or somewhere unexpected? 

- Yes I have, all the time! A great example would be whenever I'm talking to my sister (the co-author Misty Carmony) and we get on the subject of something that's happening with someone else (we know) we figure out a way to make that a part of our books.

Did you always know you would write a novel? Why did you finally decide to write one and when?

 - No, because I started out writing poetry as a child. My sister and I decided in 2009 that since we had read, and critiqued so many books that we might as well write one of our own, and thus, the Blood and Magick series was born.

What are five things that are must haves when you are writing? 

- A clean house is a must!, music to help me get "in the mood", aroma therapy (oils, candles etc) to make the room smell good. Pepsi, I can't live without Pepsi, and Ice! I eat icecubes all day long (it drives my husband nuts)

Is there one book that has had an impact on not only your writing, but on you personally? 

- Yes absolutly! The Sweeps Series by Cate Tiernan. The reason is because it's well written, there's a-lot of books, but they're relativly short which makes it easier for young readers to finish reading each book in it's entirety.

What is the hardest emotion for you to convey? 

- Pain, both physically, and emotionally Tell us something most people don’t know about you! - I'm extremely sensitive. I get my feelings hurt easily, but don't show it.

Which came first for you--the characters, the idea for the setting, or the plot? 

- The plot came to us first. Then we discussed the setting and then the characters just took on a life of their own. I don't really write the books, the characters do it for me!

To all our readers out there, thank you for following The Writers Voice and happy reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment