Saturday, January 26, 2013

Interview with J.A. Redmerski

Please give a warm welcome to our 
guest author of the day
J. A. Redmerski

Who do you feel is your most unique character?

I would have to choose Andrew Parrish as the most unique. Maybe it’s the way he chooses to look at life, how to live it, or both.

What would you like for readers to take away from your novel/novels?

I just want readers to be able to connect on some level with the characters I create and take with them an experience rather than just a story. With THE EDGE OF NEVER, for instance, I would hope that readers might feel somewhat inspired to do more with their lives than what they think they can and try to avoid falling victim to the monotony of everyday life. Because it doesn’t have to be that way, the same thing every day for the rest of your life.

What’s your favorite way to procrastinate?

I hate to procrastinate at all. In fact, I’m a get-it-over-with type of person. But we all procrastinate whether we want to, or not, and I suppose my ‘favorite’ way would be shopping in flea markets!

Besides writing, what do you like to do in your free time?

Other than flea markets, I of course love to read. I also love the outdoors (hiking, camping, biking, etc.) and I also enjoy watching my favorite television series’ (The Walking Dead, Supernatural, Being Human)

Is there one book that has had an impact on not only your writing, but on you personally?

That would be THE VAMPIRE ARMAND by Anne Rice. It’s a book that I’ve read four or five times and the one that really inspired to try to become a published author.

What is the hardest emotion for you to convey?

It's extremely difficult for me to accept praise face-to-face with someone because it embarrasses me! I get so red in the face and just want to run away, LOL.

When you were growing up, what did you want to be?

I always wanted to be an author. I started writing my first novel at the age of thirteen and before that I was always writing something, whether it be poetry, keeping up with a journal, just anything.

A big thank you to J. A. Redmerski for stopping by and of course, to all of our readers!





No comments:

Post a Comment