Saturday, June 9, 2012

Interview with Cath Crowley

 


Hey all you readers and writers! Emma Michaels here to introduce our guest author of the day:
Cath Crowley
Hello Cath and welcome to The Writers Voice!

Who reads your manuscripts before you submit them?

So far, no one reads my manuscript before I submit. I have some friends who read parts of it for me. And I discuss it with people. One friend, in particular, is great with structure. She hears the whole idea from start to finish but she doesn’t read it. Now that I have an agent, I think this will change. I imagine she will read the manuscript before I submit to my publisher.


Do you have a day job? Do you hope that writing will be your full time career in the future?

I taught a writing class one morning every week this year. I had a class of very talented adults who were all writing young adult novels. I also talk in schools during the year. I’ll keep talking to young adults next year because that helps with my writing. Apart from that my only job will be to finish my novel.

What are you working on now?

I’m working on a book called The Howling Boy. It’s a love story and a mystery, told from the perspective of two narrators – Crow and Audrey.

What’s your favorite way to procrastinate?

I look at art or I listen to Radiolab or This American Life. And I snack.

Where do you do your best writing? Do you like to have certain surroundings?

I do my best writing at about 4am. It doesn’t matter where I am. I just need quiet, a laptop, and the sun down outside my window.

If you could live in one book for a day, what would it be? 

Good question. I’d live in The Princess Bride.

To all our readers out there, thank you for following The Writers Voice and happy reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment