Monday, October 10, 2011

Guest Post: Devyn Dawson

Please give a warm welcome to Devyn Dawson! 
Here is her guest post!
Oakley Interview-

You’re in really good shape. In The Legacy of Kilkenny we read about different workouts that you, Pru and Abel do, what is your favorite sport? 
Oakley - I’m a college football fan all the way. Boomer Sooner!

If you had to describe yourself to someone what would be your definition? 
Oakley -*laughing* My definition? I don’t know, part cowboy, part ninja, part Italian chef. I can make a mean lasagna and heat up a can of biscuits like a rock star. No seriously, I do like to cook but with my assignment as Pru’s bodyguard I don’t get to do it as often as I would like to. On Sunday’s Dolly does let me help her out with the pack dinner.

When you’re not out chasing down the antidote to the Human Vampiric Virus (HVV) and fighting rogue werewolves what do you do in your down time? 
Oakley - I like to sketch the pack. Pru is gorgeous to draw. Her body is like a piece of art from the curves of her hips as they are perfectly lined with her shoulders and that beautiful slender neck of hers could make a grown man tremble. That sounds dorky doesn’t it? No, I do love to draw and I love to notice the similarities of the pack as they are in wolf form and their human form.

Speaking of vampires, how many have you staked? 
Oakley - Not enough. *laughing* No seriously, there is one in particular that is on the short list.

How would you describe Pru? 
Oakley - As for her looks? She is beautiful with shoulder length red hair and bright gray eyes. She looks like a princess and kicks ass like a ninja. She was accepted to Harvard but turned it down to take her assignment to train Abel Casey.

There is a rumor that you started your relationship with Pru without alpha consent. Is that true? 
Oakley - You and I agreed not to discuss that. If you’re going back on your word…..I’m leaving.

No, no, no. I’m sorry, please don’t leave. The Legacy of Kilkenny is a young adult book, and you are a young adult but you’re not a teenager. How old are you? 
Oakley - I’m 22.

When is your birthday? 
Oakley - December 25th

A Christmas birthday, so you eat birthday cake on Christmas? 
Oakley - Of course! We’re all about the cake.

That makes you what, four years older than Pru? 
Oakley - More like 3 1/2


In the next book Malevolence will you kill the vampire Arien? 
Oakley - You’ll have to read the book to find out. *winks* If you want to know more about that vampire make sure to read the novella The Seduction it will be coming out by Nov 1, 2011. It is Allie’s personal journal (Abel’s sister that dates vampires).

I’ve heard that Parker has a pretty big fan base, does that make you jealous? 
Oakley - If you like the loner bad boy rogue type of wolf than I guess you’d like Parker. I would never in a million years be jealous of that knucklehead.

If Abel the Great Wolf were to tell you he’d like to date Pru, would you let him? 
Oakley - First off, Abel would never do that. Second, Pru makes her own decisions. If she wants to be with Abel, I will respect that choice. If this silly scenario ever happened; in all honesty I’d leave the pack.

Do you really think Abel Casey has what it takes to be The Great Wolf? 
Oakley - Without a doubt I KNOW he is the Great Wolf. He has really grown up over the series and he has more power in his little finger than the entire pack all together.

Where can we buy The Legacy of Kilkenny? 
Oakley - Amazon - Barnes and Noble - Smashwords or go to www.devyndawson.com  for more information.

Thank you for this candid interview. I hope everyone will want to read more about you and download the book. Readers - If you’re not familiar with Smashwords, you can download any format you need for your e-reader. So if you have a I-pad you can put the book on it and if you have a Nook too you can get the book for your Nook. That is a bonus! Some people have all of the e-readers and they can have the book in every format without buying it multiple times.


HINT - The book is FREE for a limited time on www.smashwords.com - Woo Hoo for YOU!

2 comments: