Friday, June 22, 2012

Interview with Daisy Whitney

 


Hey all you readers and writers! Emma Michaels here to introduce our guest author of the day:
Daisy Whitney
Hello Daisy and welcome to The Writers Voice!

Who do you feel is your most relatable character to readers?

My hope is that all of the characters in THE MOCKINGBIRDS are relatable in different ways, and certainly I hope readers connect with the narrator, Alex Patrick. I've been told from a number of readers too that they are quite fond of Alex's roommate and good friend Maia.

Are the traits of anyone close to you apparent in your characters?

Sure! Martin, the love interest, is a funny guy and so is my husband!

Who do you feel is your most unique character?

That's like picking your favorite child! I love them all in different ways! I will say though that in addition to Alex, Martin and Maia have been the fan favorites.


What are your favorite song lyrics?

So many good ones! I love Broadway musicals so I would have to say my favorite lyrics are from La Cage Aux Folles "Best of Times," Les Mis' "Red and Black," and Company's "Being Alive."

Do you have a playlist for each of your novels? If not, can you think of a few relevant songs?

My playlist for THE MOCKINGBIRDS includes Beethoven's "Ode to Joy" on repeat, as well as Arcade Fire songs like "Intervention" and "Windowsill."

If you could have any extraordinary gift or super power what would it be and why?

Flying would be a cool superpower, as would the ability to heal anyone.

To all our readers out there, thank you for following The Writers Voice and happy reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment