Monday, April 8, 2013

The Making of a Book Cover

This past Saturday was the day of the cover photo shoot for my upcoming release, For Everly. I've always used stock images for my covers, so this was a huge event for me! I thought it would be fun to chat about how it all came together.

I worked with photographer Kelsey Kukal-Keeton. It was so much fun! She let me pick out the models that I felt fit the images for Everly and Cole, my main protagonists. Then she asked me lots of questions about the ideal setting for the shoot, how the characters would dress, etc. It felt like she was immersing herself in the story, which I fully appreciated.

Once Kelsey selects the perfect images, she'll turn them over to me so my talented cover designer, Devan Edwards of Nimbi Design, can put everything together. To say that I'm excited to see the final result would be an enormous understatement!

For now, Kelsey shared a few "outtakes" with me, which I wanted to share with you. Since the story features an injured baseball player being treated by a college student pursuing a degree in physical therapy, Kelsey opted to shoot in a gym. She said the models had a lot of fun with it and couldn't stop laughing!

I'll share the final cover after it's revealed on April 26th. For now, please feel free to hop over to my blog for a free preview of For Everly!

3 comments:

  1. Can't wait to see the book cover!! The models are spot on!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How fun to get to work with cover models!

    ReplyDelete