Saturday, April 6, 2013

Interview with Jennifer L Armentrout

 Hey all you readers and writers!
Emma Michaels here to introduce  our guest author of the day
Jennifer L. Armentrout
Hello Jennifer and welcome to The Writers Voice!

Are the traits of anyone close to you apparent in your characters?

I think my characters tend to take on my snarkier side. So if anything, a little bit of me bleeds through to the characters. Otherwise, with the exception of two characters I based off of friends in real life, there really isn’t anyone I know like them.

If you could have any extraordinary gift or super power what would it be and why?

I think invisibility would be pretty cool. Who knows what you’d see, but to be able to move around unseen, would be pretty awesome.

What would you like for readers to take away from your novel/novels?

I want them to have fun while reading a novel of mine, to also feel what the characters are experiencing, but most importantly, I want them to be able to escape into my stories.

What do you feel is your biggest writerly fault and how do you deal with it?

I think a lot of authors have this problem: negativity. We can be having a great day, have a thousand people tell us how much they liked a character/story/plot/etc, but the moment we hear or see something negative, it effects us. Not in major ways. At least not me, but it sticks with you while you’re writing.  Even if we let it get to us in a teeny, tiny way, we shouldn’t.

What’s your favorite way to procrastinate?

Twitter. ‘Nuff said.

Where do you do your best writing? Do you like to have certain surroundings?

Honestly, its at any part of the day, but I cannot write if someone is talking to me. Way too distracting.

Tell us something most people don’t know about you!

I’ve never tasted apple pie before, have a fear of gas grills blowing up in my face, and I don’t like traveling by car on bridges over water.
 
Thank you for stopping by
The Writers Voice!

No comments:

Post a Comment