Sunday, April 14, 2013

My Sincerest apologies

Dear readers and authors,

I'm so sorry that I don't have an article ready for you. I spent my day yesterday in the emergency room with high blood pressure, rapid pulse, shortness of breath, and chest pain. Being a nurse, the first thing I think is heart attack. Luckily it wasn't. They aren't sure what it was. So now I just have to keep watch on my blood pressure and try not to flip out. The article I had planned for today actually coincides with this topic. Well to a degree.

How to we write when we don't want to or just feel like crap. The reason I ask this is because just like at a conventional job there are only so many days we can take off because we have a job to do. We have to write books in order to sell them and we have to sell them in order to pay the bills. I'm curious is there any tricks or advice that other authors have that they use to motivate themselves when they just feel like crap and a week later they still feel like crap and that deadline is creeping up on them.

3 comments:

  1. Sounds like periocarditis.
    Hope you feel better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sometimes we have to push a deadline to a different date - the fans want you rested and healthy.... they'll still be there to buy the next best seller from the awesomesauce author. I know they want to know what's next, but there won't be anything for them to read if you're sick and unable to write. Hugs and prayers my friend <3 XOXO Devyn

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, I agree with Devyn, it normally comes down to pushing back the deadline. Though I will admit, when I had my respiratory infection and pneumonia I just lay down and had my laptop next to me. I made a rule that the only things I was allowed to do were games or writing and ended up getting a lot more done. Especially since everyone kept telling me to just rest so it felt like a game trying to sneak in the writing time for fun and being contrary. lol.

    ReplyDelete