Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Interview With Victoria Simcox



What part of your first novel did you find hardest to write?

Hmm … that's a tough one. I can't pin-point a specific section in the story, but there were a few times that I scratched a scene and wrote something totally different.

What scares you most?

 … Too many things to mention, but the way I handle fear, is by not thinking to far into the outcome of situations, and I try to stay focused on the here and now. Coming from the old county, Austria, my mother is one for idioms, and one she always shares with me is: The soup is never as hot when you eat it as when you cook it.

Was there ever a moment when you wouldn’t trade what you do as an author for the world? What was that moment for you?

When people, especially children tell me that my book is their favorite book, and they can't wait for the next book in the series. That makes me never want to trade writing for anything else.

Aspiring writers often hear, "Read what you want to write," "Hone your writing craft." and, above all else, "Be patient." What other advice would you give them?

Those things are great! I would add, also read other types of writing other than the type you write. You can get inspiration from totally different types of writing than your form.

Do you have a day job? Do you hope that writing will be your full time career in the future?

 I teach elementary school art during the school season, and I also home-school my youngest son. Even if writing was my full time career, I think I could still handle these other two tasks, which I love doing.

Check out Victoria's personal blog for giveaways and reviews @ www.victoriasimcox.blogspot.com


No comments:

Post a Comment