Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Romance During the Zombie Apocalypse



Hello Muses and Fallen Friends,

Romance is in the air. I think that these days, there are more of us infected by the love bug than ever. I mean, I've even reawakened the romantic in me by venturing into a new adventure outside my normal stories of the post-apocalyptic brave and celestial wars. It had to happen right? And have you noticed that the covers on many of the latest romance novels all have this red, black, and white them going on? I think it's a secret code that says: hot, steamy romance contained inside the pages, so be warned. LOL

As I prepare the release of my first Contemporary Romance novel, the Prelude, I find myself feeling conflicted. Why is that? As a member of the zombiesurvivalcrew (a group of hardcore Walking Dead Fans that even include some of the actors themselves) then I had to fight the urge to insert at least one deathly/supernatural creature into the story. And guess what? I did it! My readers all over the world have asked for this book. For me, this literary adventure is all about pleasing my loyal fans.

So as a treat for maintaining self control, I ventured out to see Warm Bodies, a movie recommended by one of my #zombiesurvivalcrew members. It gave me a double dose of the things I enjoy the most: zombies, the supernatural, and ahhh...romance. Okay, so maybe that was a triple dose I just described, but you get the point.

I'd heard so many great things.  I found myself going: "Have you lost your mind? This is a romantic comedy about zombies who come back to life. Well, my point with all of this babble is that walker love inside the zombie apocalypse had to happen sooner or later. This is why shows like the Walking Dead have done so well. It doesn't glamorize the gore of the show. Instead, the characters are real and they have issues to deal with outside of running from the walkers.

I, for one, am excited about the return to good old fashioned contemporary stories, the kind where love wins in the end. What about you?

Yours in Prose,
KaSonndra Leigh

No comments:

Post a Comment