Friday, March 8, 2013

Interview with Elle (Lee) Strauss Part 1

15812886 - CopyaTWVguest author

Hey all you readers and writers! Emma Michaels here to introduce our guest author of the day Elle (Lee) Strauss!

Hello Elle and welcome to The Writers Voice!

15812886

Are the traits of anyone close to you apparent in your characters?

99.9% of the time my characters are completely fictional. One exception is my middle grade book, It’s a Little Haywire. The grandfather character in that book is loosely based on my own grandfather. The town, the house and the green ’73 Pontiac are also characters from my childhood. J

Who do you feel is your most unique character?

This is hard to answer, as naturally I think all my characters are unique in some way. I’m going to say Zoe Vanderveen from my Perception series. She’s a Genetically Altered Person from the future with more problems than the average teen from our time.

What would you like for readers to take away from your novel/novels?

Primarily I hope my novels entertain, but I also hope they also make my readers think and ponder deeper truths. That they keep thinking about the story and characters long after they’ve read the last page.

What do you feel is your biggest writerly fault and how do you deal with it?

My biggest writerly fault, eh? Hmm, I’m not sure what you mean exactly. With the technical aspects, I was raised with British spelling, but since I set most of my books in the USA and my larger readership is there, I try to stick to American spelling. Sometimes I miss things and there’s a little of both.

What is your biggest pet peeve in fiction writing?

It used to be the non-capitalization of the word ‘God’. But now I’ve gone and done it in the Perception series. Actually, I do both. I have on character of faith and one who doesn’t believe in God, so when he refers to God it’s capitalized and when she does, it’s not.

Stop by T. W. V. tomorrow to see the second half of the interview!

Thank you for stopping by

The Writers Voice

No comments:

Post a Comment