Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows – Part 2


Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows – Part 2

I finally had the opportunity to watch the last of the Harry Potter films yesterday. Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 2, and I loved it. The film was directed by David Yates, who directed final four Harry Potter movies, and was another epic fantasy film.
The story continues to follow Harry, Ron, and Hermione as they carry on their quest of finding and destroying the Dark Lord's three remaining Horcruxes, the magical items responsible for his immortality. The wizarding world is in turmoil, and the battle between good and evil escalates into an all out war. The stakes have never been higher, and Harry faces his most dangerous challenge yet. He discovers his link to Lord Voldermort is stronger than he anticipated, and learns that he must sacrifice himself to save the wizarding world.

Obviously, the book is better, but the film did a pretty good job overall. I was please to see the “expensive” visual effects they applied to the film. When comparing the first Harry Potter film to the last, you can see the progress in the visual effects over the years. The lighting, texturing and rendering, they kept the latest Potter film at a consistently high level of photoreal achievement. I especially loved the Gringotts dragon scenes. He was beautifully animated and photoreal. I always wanted a dragon.

I read the last installment of the Harry Potter books a while, and I had forgotten some of the plot. After watching the movie I realized how much I missed this fantastic story.  Consequently, I will be reading all the Harry Potter books again during the holidays. J

1 comment:

  1. While I love the books way more than the movies I actually really enjoy them. It is so amazing to see the books come to life even if it isn't exact, etc. I feel like they did a fantastic job too! It was just soooo stunning!!!! <3

    ReplyDelete