Thursday, July 4, 2013

Questions & Answers with Victoria Simcox




Q: Can you tell us about the setting in your story The Magic Warble, and why you chose it?

A: A lot of the setting takes place in a rainy forest, maybe this is because I live in the rainy evergreen state of
Washington. I’ve always found rainforests to be mystical, a place where I would imagine fairies, gnomes and dwarfs living. 

Q: What was the hardest part to write in TMW?

A: Definitely toward the ending. I don't want to give anything away but there are bittersweet moments and I even got teary eyed writing them.


Q: What was the inspiration behind the story? Where were you when you came up with the idea?

A: I remember I was sitting in the movie theater watching the first Harry Potter movie, when I envisioned my main character Kristina walking down a snowy sidewalk. At the time that’s all of the story I had. Somehow inspired, I went home that night and wrote my first page of my story not knowing where it would go.


Q: Do you plan on writing more children fantasy novels?

A: Yes, I’m thinking that there will be three, maybe four books in this series, and then I may come up with another series. 


Q: Thank you for this interview, Victoria. Can you tell us where we can find out more about you and your wonderful new book?

A: Yes, for sure! www.themagicwarble.com . There are also quite a few reviews on www.amazon.com


Q: Is there a sequel in the making?  

I'm glad that you asked me that because the sequel  is available for purchase. It is called "The Black Shard." I would love you and your followers to check it out a www.theblackshard.com 

No comments:

Post a Comment