Sunday, September 2, 2012


What would you like for readers to take away from your novel/novels?
…Of course, a wonderful feeling of having read something great.  Also, a message of hope, faith, perseverance and 'I can't wait for the next book in the series!' attitude.

How do the novels you write differ from the novels you enjoy reading?

 I enjoy reading the same genre as I write, but I also enjoy teen lit, adult lit, and non-fiction as well. I'd say I enjoy all genres of literary works.

If you could choose any part of the world to live in for just one year, where would you go and why?

Bavaria Germany. I have family there and I love visiting. I could see myself living there, at least for a year or two.

Did you always know you would write a novel? Why did you finally decide to write one and when?

Though I've always been creative, mostly in painting watercolors, I didn't think I would be a writer. It was actually a vision of my story I had while sitting in a movie theater watching a flick the inspired me to start. I only saw the first scene of my story, probably half a page of writing.  Then when I started writing the story, it just started flowing to me.

Have you ever gotten an idea for a book or part of one of your novels from something or somewhere unexpected?

I would have to say that most of my ideas are unexpected. I rarely plan too far in advance what I'm going to write. My ideas come to me as I write.

World building is such an important part of writing. What is your world building process like for you?

When I start world building, I start with the physical environment that my characters reside in, climate, terrain, etc. Also, such things as the culture, the type of society, and there is much more. A lot is involved but to think it up is also part of why I like to write, to create my very own world is amazing and a lot of fun.

Check out Victoria's personal Blog @ www.victoriasimcox.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment