Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Excerpts from two of my works in progress, Crimson Moon and Adoration




ADORATION - YA Fantasy

Katerina frowned at Cal, “I don't remember asking you for help so let go of my arm now.” Cal just stared at her like she had two heads. “Are you deaf? I said let go of my arm.” He released her arm and sneered down at her. “Excuse me for trying to help you. I won't make that mistake again. You are one of the most unpleasant people I have ever met.”
 “Do I need to remind you that this is the 21st century and I'm not some damsel in distress who needs to be saved. I can take care of myself.”

CRIMSON MOON - YA Paranormal

Cassia hesitantly made her way down what seemed like an endless spiral staircase. As she reached the last step a door shimmered into view. While she was deciding whether she should knock or just open the door a voice from the other side of the door spoke. “Come in dear, I have matters of great importance to discuss with you.”
Doing as the voice told her, Cassia pushed open the door and at a rather large desk sat a wizened little old lady. “Who are you and where am I?”
 Laughing softly, the lady pushed the chair she was sitting in away from the desk and stood. “ I am Jarinda, keeper of Lucian Crimson. You are Cassia, the next in line to be a Keeper. It is my responsibility to teach you how to guard all of his secrets.”
“Okay...What if I don't want to be a Keeper? How do I get out of it?”
Jarinda frowned and said, “ There is no way out of becoming the next Keeper. If there were do you honestly think I would still be in this awful place?”

No comments:

Post a Comment