Thursday, February 16, 2012

Anthology release!



When I was younger, I tried to avoid writing love stories. I threw in lots of action and adventure and high stakes...and yet somehow, my characters would always end up falling in love somewhere along the way.

Now that I'm older, I realize that I do love a good love story. I like seeing how two characters try to be together despite all the things keeping them apart. Or how two characters try desperately not to fall in love and yet do anyway. So, yes, I write love stories. Of course, I like to think that the romance isn't all that they're about, they're also about family and friendships and finding your place in the world, but there usually is a love story woven into it as well.

Valentine's Day is a good holiday for romantics like me. I know it's passed, but if you're still in the mood for a few love stories, check out the Love, Me anthology of young adult short stories that was just released this month!

This anthology features short stories by authors Sarah Tregay, T.K. Richardson, Ela Lond, Amy Kinzer, Emily Ann Ward, and myself.

A first kiss, a high school prom, the county fair, a tender embrace, finding true love, and coming of age are themes weaved into the stories found in Love, Me. From established YA authors comes this sweet and telling anthology of young love.

All proceeds from the sale of the anthology will be donated to CASA (Court Appointed Special Advocates) for their work with children in the foster care system in the United States.

If you've read my ebook The Boyfriend Thief, then you'll recognize the characters in my short story "One Week." It's a prequel to The Boyfriend Thief and is narrated by Avery's best friend Molly. I loved writing about these characters I already knew so well again.

Love, Me is available in ebook format from Amazon and Barnes & Noble. You can also add it to your to read list on Goodreads.

1 comment:

  1. I agree on loving love stories. You really never grow out of that because there's so much that could be done with two people on their journey! I'm not a big anthologies fan because I've been let down before, but this looks very interesting. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete