Thursday, November 22, 2012

Holidays with your characters


It's Thanksgiving here in the U.S., the day when we all eat too much and then get ready to shop like fiends. Well, I don't do the Black Friday thing. I do participate in the Thursday eating though.

It occurred to me one day that I don't usually think about what my characters do for the holidays. I'm participating in a holiday promotion coming up and I had to write a holiday themed post about some of my characters from Surfacing. I had never actually given much thought to what these characters did during Christmas or what their favorite Christmas memories were.

For the promo, I wrote about Mara and Josh's (from Surfacing) favorite Christmas memories. It gave me even more insight into their characters and the history that has made them who they are to think about how they've spent their holidays. And it was fun to write about my characters during the holiday season.

So what about you? Do you know how your characters spend their holidays? What foods do your characters hope to see on the holiday table?

No comments:

Post a Comment