Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Excerpt from my untitled WIP


I ran to my car while digging around in my bag for my keys. After finding them, I dropped them on the ground. I bent down to pick them up and when I straightened back up I realized that Tristan was leaning casually against the car parked next to mine with a lazy grin on his face.

“So you’re ditching school? I didn’t peg you as the type of girl to do something like that.

I shot him a dirty look. “And how do you know what type of girl I am? You’ve never met me before today.”

He just shrugged his shoulders. “I know your type. There have been girls like you at every school I’ve gone to.”

I didn’t even bother responding to that. Instead I just stuck my key into the door and unlocked it. I sat in the driver’s seat and tossed my bag onto the backseat. I slammed my door and jammed the key into the ignition and turned. I sped off without even a glance back at Tristan. I was fuming. How dare he make assumptions about me like that? I turned the radio on and flicked through the stations until I found a song by my favorite singer Joan Jett. I sang along, determined to forget about my strange day. I turned onto the road that lead to the lake. I knew no one would be there which is exactly why I wanted to go there. I needed some time alone and the lake was one of my favorite hideouts when I needed alone time. I pulled into the parking lot and parked my car. I opened my door and took a deep, calming breath to help myself relax. I zipped up my jacket and sat down at a picnic table that was close to the water. I wished I had thought of bringing bread with me because there were always ducks at the lake.

No comments:

Post a Comment