Saturday, March 9, 2013

Interview with Elle (Lee) Strauss Part 2

 

Stop by yesterdays post to read the first half of the interview!

aTWVguest author15812886 - Copy

Hey all you readers and writers! Emma Michaels here to introduce our guest author of the day Elle (Lee) Strauss!

Hello Elle and welcome back to The Writers Voice!

ES-cover-550-800-72dpi

Worldbuilding is such an important part of writing. What would your words of encouragement for aspiring authors be when it comes to developing their own worlds?

You have to love detail when world building. Every scene has to have enough to set the stage, but not so much you bore the reader with heavy descriptive passages.

What’s your favorite way to procrastinate?

Checking my stats. J And twitter and facebook. The common writer procrastination techniques.

Where do you do your best writing? Do you like to have certain surroundings?

I’m best at home in a quiet room. I like quiet when I’m writing. No music and no people—so coffee shops are out.

Besides writing, what do you like to do in your free time?

I read a lot, and watch plot driven TV shows (Right now I’m enjoying Beauty and the Beast, Nashville and Castle). I like to do hot yoga and hiking and biking. Travel. Spending time with friends and family.

Tell us something about your book that we wouldn’t know just by reading the blurb.

In the Perception Series there are cyborgs and humanoids.

Tell us something most people don’t know about you!

Let’s see. I’m an only child. I have dual citizenship between the USA and Canada. I live half the year in BC Canada and half the year in Dresden, Germany. I’ve ridden an Elephant. I’ve milked cows and butchered chickens.

Which came first for you--the characters, the idea for the setting, or the plot?

With Perception, the plot came first. I think I can safely say that for most of my books.

When you are reading, what make a character compelling to you? Is it the same aspects that make a character you are writing compelling?

I need to feel an emotional connection between the characters for it to be compelling to me. Action and a clever plot are good, but the characters have to be more than just “there.” I hope to accomplish the emotional connection between characters in my own writing.

Thank you for stopping by

The Writers Voice

No comments:

Post a Comment