I'll mention that Return of the Ascendant is a New Adult Paranormal Romance with Sci-Fi elements. It starts out on Earth and then transitions to a planet called Alametria. The focus of the story is on the romance between the main characters, KyrVawn (Kyra Vaughn on Earth) and TaeDane (Ty Dane). Regardless of which world they're on, the chemistry between these two is undeniable, so I thought it would be fun to introduce you to them!
Before I write a book, I always create detailed character sketches and develop an outline. Today, I wanted to share the highlights with you about Kyr and Ty to give you a hint of what's to come in the book. I hope you enjoy!
- Daughter and only child of ShayaVawn and BrunyrVawn (the Guardians of Alametria); she’s the heir apparent and future "ruler of worlds."
- Bears the title Ma'jah.
- Delicate in appearance, but not in demeanor.
- Long, wavy dark hair with a deep red tint, ice blue eyes (like blue-white stars), 5’5” tall.
- Intelligent and passionate about learning.
- Lacks confidence, which she'll need in order to Ascend.
- An excellent judge of character; burgeoning Empath.
- Has been attracted to Ty since she was old enough to see him as a man and not a boy.
- Paired with Kyr as her Mynder (bodyguard) as a child because they were born on the same date, at the same time, under the same star.
- Spiky, caramel-colored hair, silver eyes, 6’5” tall, muscular build, tan skin.
- Physically and mentally powerful; has the ability to connect with Kyr’s thoughts and has been trained to protect her.
- Has extensive markings on both forearms, given on the day he officially became the Dem-Shyr (his formal title) and assumed his abilities.
- He's expressly forbidden from touching Kyr in ways other than for her protection. If he does, his markings cause him intense pain.
- He doesn't care about the above-mentioned pain. ;)