Sunday, September 29, 2013

Forgive Me!

Forgive me guys! I’ve been MIA from this blog for some time, and I genuinely feel bad about that. There’s no real excuse as to why I was gone other than lack of ideas. On this blog I want to be insightful, lend a helping hand to the aspiring writers that read this blog in hopes of learning something new that will help them along in their careers. But in reality there isn’t much left to be said that hasn’t been said already by all the other amazing writers on this blog. 

So, here’s my dilemma. I want to share what knowledge I have on being a published author. I want to be that kind of guy who gives sage-like advice for everyone in need of it. A part of me thought that after a year of having my work out there, jumping the hoops of getting them out there for everyone to read, that I’d know everything I needed to know. A part of me thought I’d have the experience to pass along by now. But that was a very naïve dream. (I’m young, I can get cocky, sue me.)

The truth is, I’m STILL learning. I’m still trying to figure out the best ways to promote and get my book into the hands of readers. I’m still learning to juggle promoting, networking, reviewing, AND writing the next book. It’s a constant battle, and sometimes I fear it. But I never shy away, no matter what. Because it’s what I love to do. And in the end I love that I was wrong about thinking I’d have it mastered by now. I’m still just a student; we all are, just in varying degrees.

I’m still a newbie, and I have a LONG way to go before I can say I’ve got some experience.
Sincerely,
Michael Loring.

@MichaelLoring
www.michaelloring.com

1 comment:

  1. It is a juggle to handle it all. As indies continue to grow, the process evolves to another level. What worked 2 years ago, may not work now. Keep writing, keep learning, and most of all....keep the faith!

    ReplyDelete