Sunday, March 18, 2012

Newbie Alert!




So, who is Amy Maurer Jones?


Well, I'm a YA author, a wife, mother and lover of furry creatures of all sorts and a school teacher.
 
Allow me begin by saying thank you to the wonderful team of authors who make up The Writer's Voice. It is such an honor to be included in your ranks and I am very excited about my first post here.

I am the author of The Soul Quest Trilogy, a paranormal romance series geared toward middle grade to high school age kids. The Soul Quest Trilogy is about a group of teenagers who have been commanded with Spirit by the Great Spirit, Hala. If you think it's difficult being a teenager, try being a teenager who was born destined to save the world from soul sucking Daevas and their mutant progeny Aengels. These demon - like, fallen spirits are some seriously bad dudes and dudettes! The teenage Oracles are having a hard enough time trying to survive their freshman year of high school when they begin to discover their supernatural powers and the responsibilities that go along with being a Spirit. Liv, Laith, Brayan and Meena want more than anything to be normal teenagers. Yeah, good luck with that!

Books! Books! Books!






Soulless: The Story of Shayan is a prequel to the series and it gives the reader the background story or explanation of how Daeva's and Aengels came into existence. It explains how one particular Spirit fell into darkness. (Published October 2011)

Soul Quest is the first book in the series. In this book the four teenage Oracles, Liv, Laith, Brayan and Meena meet one another as freshman in high school and discover their unique powers and destiny. (Published February 2010)

The Guardians of Souls is the second book in the series. In this installment the Oracles are a little less naive and they have gained greater control over their abilities. They set out in search of the Daevas to finish what they started in book one. (Published July 2011)



Soul Deep is the third and finally book in the trilogy. In this segment the Oracles will finally prevail but not before they come face to face with a very dangerous, mythical creature lurking within the depths of the Loch Ness in the Scottish Highlands. (Coming August 2012)

I'm more than an author...

When I'm not writing you can find me chasing after my husband and children. I feel very blessed to be married to my own version of Edward Cullen. Kelly, my husband of fifteen years, is the love of my life, my true soul mate. Our children, Olivia (11) and Keaton (8) are the most beautiful, brilliant and talented kids in the entire world (I'm not biased AT ALL, LOL!).  We share our happy household with several playful, slobbering pals, Duke (a boxer-lab mix), Odie (miniature dachschund) and Blackjack, or Blackie (black kitty).

When I'm not screaming at them to do their homework, practice the piano or put thier dirty undies in the hamper we have a great time hanging out together. We love to play Apples to Apples, Mario Cart and throwing frisbees.  

When I'm not writing or spending quality time with my family, I'm teaching high school students about theater arts and dance.  We are always busy learning and getting ready for something exciting. Just last week we held a school wide talent show to raise funds for the Art Department. We had a blast doing it and raised supplementary funds for our programs!

Next weekend we will participate in the largest Arts Festival in the state of NC. My county hosts this festival annually and it features performances by our middle and high school band and choral programs and our high school theater and dance programs. You can also find a huge display of art work from students of all ages, kindergarden through high school.

We also anticipate our annual spring musical in early May (this year's performance is Into the Woods) followed by the annual spring concert, a showing of our students work and progress through out the semester.

So, how does a school teacher become a writer? 

Dancing, acting and writing are all forms of communication. Each form requires exceptional creativity and passion to inspire and impress an audience. I have enjoyed a passion for reading, writing, and the arts since I was a child. As an adult I have enjoyed having the opportunity to share my passion for the arts with children. It only seems appropriate that delving into the world of teen fiction would be the next logical step in my life.

I guess what I'm trying to convey here is that I'm all about kids, education and family values. As you can see I'm a very busy lady and I wouldn't have it any other way. I love my full life. If you would like to learn more about me or my books you can check out these links! I hope that you will! I hope that you will comment on this post and say hello, tell me about yourself and/or what types of books you love.








 

           

No comments:

Post a Comment