I don't really make New Year's resolutions anymore, but the new year does make me think about resolutions for my writing. My career has changed over the past year and a half and now is a great time to look back and see where I've been and where I want to be. So here are a few writing resolutions for me for the coming year:
- Release at least three novels/novellas. This should be doable. I have the last two books in my series to release, and then I have a standalone book already written that I also hope to release next year.
- Write some more short stories. I've never really written many short stories, but I've had fun writing some this past year so I'd like to do some more and release them.
- Plan a giveaway, maybe around my birthday.
- Write something different to exercise my creativity. Play around with genres.
- Write at least three new novels/novellas in 2013. The three I plan to release don't count because the first drafts are all already written. This should be doable. I wrote two novels and two novellas in 2012!
- Look into blog tours.